Friday, November 6, 2009

Frustrations and New Yarn (though not mutually exclusvive)

Lets go backwards and start with my new yarn. Went with LittleWit to the Yarn Market showroom last night (www.yarnmarket.com and ended up talking myself into buying yarn . Come on I was surrounded! So I had been eyeing this: Lorna's Laces worsted online and even at $18 a skein I was unable to resist purchasing once it was right in front of my face. So I bought one skein... come on it was 18 bucks!. At 225 yards I'm not quite sure what to do with it... its gotta be something good though since it cost me a pretty penny.

I also wound up purchasing two, 100 yard skeins of this absolutely awesome Merino worsted from Yarn Market's new line:











"The Abbey Collection." It instantly reminded me of a field of bluebonnets. The only problem is again 200 yards and a need to do something somewhat important with it. Argh!


Sadly, this is not my biggest frustration. At work we are now RESTRUCTURING. Oh yes, I have been here two months and everything will change and I will no longer report to my supervisor who I enjoy working for but someone else entirely.

I wish I could vent more about that but as this is a public outlet, I'll just have to say that I may hope for the best with this new structure but I ain't holdin my breath.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Would be awesome with your bluebonnet yarn. Like laying in a field of them!

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13696297&ref=sr_gallery_4&&ga_search_query=rococo+shawl&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would take a heck of a lot more yarn I only have 200 yards :( I'm thinking of getting a coordinating blue and making a throw blanket but we'll see. I'm going to sit with them for awhile first.

    ReplyDelete